Ultradur® is BASF’s brand name for its line of partially crystalline, thermoplastic, saturated polyesters derived from polybutylene terephthalate (PBT). They are employed as materials for high-quality technical components in many industry sectors.
Ultradur® is especially suited for components in automotive construction as well as electrical engineering and electronics, but also for household, construction and packaging applications.
- High rigidity and strength
- Very good dimensional stability under heat
- Low water absorption
- Good resistance to many chemicals
- Exceptional resistance to weathering
- Excellent heat ageing behavior