BASF’s Ultrason® grades are high-temperature resistant, amorphous thermoplastics derived from polysulfone (PSU), polyethersulfone (PESU) and polyphenylsulfone (PPSU). Their wide spectrum of properties allows them to be molded into high-quality engineering parts and highly stressed mass-produced articles.
Ultrason® is suitable for many applications in automotive construction, in the food and household sectors, but also for membranes used for water filtration as well as electric and electronic components.
- High stiffness
- High mechanical strength
- Low dependence of the properties on the temperature
- Very high long-term service temperature
- Favorable dielectric properties
- Very favorable behavior in case of exposure to fire
- Excellent hydrolysis resistance
- Good dimensional stability
- Good electrical insulating capacity