Desmopan® and Texin®
Desmopan® and Texin® are thermoplastic block copolymers characterized by a wide range of properties. Their linear polymeric chains consist of alternating flexible, elastic segments with a low glass transition temperature and rigid crystalline segments with a high melting point.
It is the modification of these phases that create the different properties such as hardness, strength, rigidity, elasticity and cold-flexibility, always depending on the requirements of the application.
- High wear resistance
- Flexibility over a wide range of temperatures
- High elasticity over the entire hardness rang
- Excellent resistance to oils, greases and many solvents
- Good resistance to weathering
- Intrinsically soft, no plasticiser needed
- Excellent resistance to high-energy radiation