Pocan® is the brand name used for polybutylene terephthalate (PBT) and PBT blends. Pocan® features high heat resistance, strength and hardness, as well as exceptional sliding properties, good wear resistance and chemical resistance, minimal stress fracture risk, and low moisture absorption.
In addition to injection molding variants, there are types for extrusion of semi-finished products, films, and cable sheaths, as well as non-reinforced, fiber glass reinforced, glass bead and mineral filled versions.
We also offer flame retardant and elastomer modified types, products approved for contact with foodstuffs, and blends with acrylonitrile styrene acrylate (ASA) and polycarbonate (PC).
- Electronics/electrical engineering
- Lighting engineering
- Household appliances
- Sports and recreation
- Surface quality (high-gloss or structured, depending on tool surface)
- High rigidity (up to 18,500 MPa)
- High heat resistance
- Good dimensional accuracy and stability
- Good wear resistance / sliding properties
- Good chemical resistance/stress fracture behavior
- Low moisture absorption
Capacitor housings (i.g. AC filter capacitors, pulse capacitors)
- Flammretardancy V-0 at 0.4 mm wall thickness
- Good mechanical properties (stiffness, impact strength)
- Good colouring behaviour
- Durethan® and Pocan® for Flame-Retardant Applications Download
- EF-, XF- and high-modulus product lines: Durethan® and Pocan® Download
- Film and Extrusion Grades Base Resins: Durethan® and Pocan® Download
- Overview Applications with Flame Retardance - Durethan® and Pocan® Download
- Pocan® HR - Improved Hydrolysis Resistance Download
- Product range injection molding grades with reference data: Pocan® Download