AvaSpire® PAEK (polyaryletherketone) is a family of high-performance polyketones tailored to fill cost and performance gaps between PEEK and other high-performance polymers. For example, ductility and toughness can be significantly improved versus comparable grades of PEEK, delivering 20% higher tensile elongation at yield and doubled tensile elongation at break values.
It can be used for niche applications where high temperature, chemical and mechanical performance are required and within target markets such as Rail, Marine, Nuclear and Aerospace. Wires and cables made of PAEK products retain toughness and show good handling characteristics with improved economical manufacture with respect to PEEK.
- Higher stiffness from 150 °C to 190 °C (302 °F to 374 °F)
- Improved ductility and toughness
- Equal or better chemical resistance
- UL-94 V0 rating at 0.8 mm
- Comparable strength and stiffness at up to 30% lower cost
- Excellent aesthetics and colorability