Ultramid® Advanced N
Ultramid® Advanced N is a new polyphthalamide by BASF with an excellent property profile: The compound portfolio, which is based on long alkyl chain polyphthalamides, offers excellent mechanics at elevated temperatures. In addition, the PPA compounds can withstand humidity and contact with challenging media while maintaining their strength. The low water uptake results in a dimensional stability of the plastic parts in humid environments which is among the highest of all polyamides.
No matter if thermostat housing, gear wheel, pumps or LED housing components – with these outstanding properties, Ultramid® Advanced N is the ideal problem-solving material for many demanding applications.
- Excellent mechanics of up to 125 °C and in wet or conditioned state
- Very low water uptake resulting in high dimensional stability and small influence on properties
- Resistance to many challenging media such as hot oil, coolants, aggressive fuels, acids, calcium or zinc chloride solutions
- Excellent wear behavior and abrasion resistance
- Simple processing with a broad parameter window and good flowability
- Several post-processing options such as welding, laser marking, reflow soldering